Thursday 29 April 2010

Vintage fabric squares day tomorrow at Rag Rescue


Eight more vintage fabric squares being listed tomorrow 30th April at

I can't tell you how exciting it is to find lovely vintage fabric, but there is a downside to it as well as I found out again today. At auction this week I bought amongst other fabrics a lovely pair of curtains c. 1940s. I normally hand wash all of my fabrics, I tested them for strength and as the curtains were large I decided to put them in the washing machine on a gentle wash. I know what you are thinking and you will be correct. When I opened the machine and got out the curtains, to my horror they had large holes everywhere. The holes were in exactly the same part of the pattern right throughout each curtain. The floor and drum of the machine was covered in little pieces. I could have cried. Oh well that's one less to iron, so you can never tell until fabrics are washed.

No comments: