Saturday 2 January 2010

Scrumptious vintage fabric



A Happy New Year to everyone.
I've been spending the last few days preparing items to list on the website.
The picture above gives a sample of items that will be listed next week starting on Monday.
I must admit I've been struggling with  the photography this last week as the days have been so dull and the light quality so poor, so please forgive the quality of them here on the blog and on the website.
I managed to buy some lovely vintage eiderdown fabric at the last set of fairs. the lady had painstakingly unpicked the eiderdowns and cut out the good fabric. If you have never done this, then don't. I have only unpicked an eiderdown once and the feathers went absolutely everywhere and I was hoovering them up for weeks. It is amazing how far the feather fly.
From the fabric I have made up some lovely scrapbags and lots of squares with super pink roses. On Friday next, I will be listing some embellishments both antique and vintage, the lovely gold metallic lace, white rose ribbon and satin embroidered ribbon can be seen in the centre of the picture above.

As usual I will be posting a picture of the items be listed on the eve of their listing so keep an eye out from tomorrow evening, Mondays listings are lots of lovely vintage fabric squares.

No comments: