Friday 11 September 2009

A DAY SPENT CUTTING VINTAGE FABRICS

What a busy day I've had. I got out lots of new fabric that I had recently acquired and spent a lovely day sorting through it, finding the damage and cutting it into squares, scrap bags and strip rolls.
There were 80 different squares to photograph with many having duplicates,  lots of scrapbags, some Victorian fabric pieces from old quilts etc. etc. All in all, I had to get the photo's ready for the site about 180 in total. Well that's ready now and all I have to do is start listing tomorrow on my admin ready for them to be listed over the next two weeks.
Keep an eye on this blog over the next few weeks as there are some wonderful pieces coming up. We start on Monday with those pieces of beadwork I promised a fews ago.
Well I'm off for a stiff drink now, I think I deserve it.
By the way as more and more postal strikes seem to be happening across the country, please let me know if you haven't received your orders in a reasonable time. So far so good, none have arrived late, so fingers crossed.
Listing start again on Monday so while you have a few days free from work why not have a good search around the site.

1 comment:

'fancypicnic' said...

What a great find you are -
Sorry to have taken so long to get here...shameful!

Now that the girls are back at school, I get more time for reading. Bliss!