Thursday 14 August 2008

ANOTHER FABRIC SAVED

FABRIC THAT IS RECYCLED TWICE.

I bought a lot of French fabric at the Newark fair this time. I usually buy boxes of scraps but my friend from France was not at the fair this time. I therefore had to hunt around and to my amazement I found this wonderful fabric. Wonderful in two senses really. The pattern is beautiful and the fact that someone else or rather something else had liked the fabric also made it extra special in my eyes. They had liked it so much that they decided to take parts of it to their nest.
CLEVER MICE.
I managed to get the fabric at a reduced rate as the lady hadn't realised how badly chewed it was. I suppose she thought that her luck couldn't come along twice in a day in the shape of a crazy lady buying mice eaten fabric.

Not so crazy really. I had tested the fabric and found that the parts in-between the nibbles were strong, although the dark pink flowers had obviously attracted his/her attention rather more than the other flowers. I soaked the fabric for a few hours, dried it and ironed it and set about cutting it into pieces for scrap bags.
WASTE NOT WANT NOT.


LISTING MORE SCRAP BAGS TODAY - LOTS OF ROSY FABRICS.

No comments: