Thursday 26 June 2008

Paperwork avoidance strategy


If you read my post yesterday you'll know that I was looking for an avoidance strategy away from doing the company books ready for the tax man. Well I found it. I decided that after 5 hours on the computer I'd spend the rest of the afternoon felting.

I just love wet felting as I find it is great for releasing stress. I had no idea what I wanted to create, but having said that, that's how I work. Having all my bits and pieces together I began to lay layers of fabric on the base and what you see above is the result so far.

Normally I don't lay any fibres on top of the fabric but this time I did as I wanted a textured piece but reasonably flat. I used alpaca wool for the first time, something I'd bought at last years woolfest in Cumbria. Not sure how happy I am with using it as it is very hairy and I had to do a lot of trimming. I can see wonderful images in this piece, great ideas for my embellishing. you will be able to follow this pieces development on my other blog FELTISSIMO

Yet another use for Rag Rescue fabric scrap bags.

No comments: